Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Butter London Pinkies Up

Today is Butter London Pinkies Up from the Steampunk Ball Collection.Pinkies Up is described by Butter London as an opaque pink shimmer. I would describe it as a champaign color that could be considered a neutral.
L- Lightbox no flash, R- Lightbox w/ flash
See the swatches after the break!
I found Pinkies Up to be rather frustrating formula wise. It was a bit thick and gooey, and required some patience. I used 4 coats, mostly to even it our since it wasn't self leveling, and also dragged at the cuticles. I might have been able to get away with 3 coats if I was very careful and let layers dry more. It also tended to be a bit streaky in finish.

For the swatches I used Butter London Nail Foundation as a basecoat, and no topcoat.
L- Direct sun no flash, R- Direct sun, with flash
L- Shade no flash, R- Shade w/ flash
L- Lightbox no flash, R- Lightbox w/ flash
I wouldn't consider this a must have polish by any means. If it had a better formula and wasn't streaky I could recommend it. I really liked the color (and so did my mom), but the formula and the finish was a deal breaker.

I'll have some swatch stick comparisons posted soon, but my camera is dead at the moment. Let me know if there are any specific colors you want me to add to the shot in the comments below!

Brand- Butter London
Name- Pinkies Up
Finish- Shimmer
Size- 0.2 fl oz (Not available in full size)
Coats for Opacity- 3-4 (mostly to smooth out lumpiness)
Original Price- $39 for a set of 6 minis ($6.50 each)
Current Price- $39
Similar Alternative- Coming soon :)
Where to Buy- Butter LondonMacysbeauty.comUlta

Don't forget to hit follow to see more new Butters!

-Austen

Pinterest
Twitter
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment