Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Butter London Holo Comparisons- Trustafarian, Fishwife, and Dodgy Barnett

Butter London is my favorite nail polish brand, and the brand that I own the most colors from. On that note, if you ever want to see two Butters compared, let me know and I'll whip up a comparison swatch.

Here are some quick and dirty swatches of the three Butter London holos currently available: Trustafarian (green), Fishwife (blue), and Dodgy Barnett (silver). I did them when I first moved to Vermont, about 3 years ago. I have acquired more holos and Butters since then, but these swatches still do their job.

Trustafarian

 First up is Butter London Trustafarian. Trustafarian takes two coats for opacity and is a subtle scattered holo. It is a light sage green. It is slightly more visible holographic than is shown in the picture. It is darker than Butter London Bossy Boots (shown on the left) and more yellow that Color Club Kismet (on the right). If you want an in-your-face light-green holographic polish, go for Kismet (a 1-2 coater). If you're hunting for something subtle and maybe more work-appropriate, I love love love Trustafarian.

See Fishwife and Dodgy Barnett after the break!

Fishwife

 Next is Butter London Fishwife. Fishwife is the bluer sister of Trustafarian. Fishwife is a blue/green subtle scattered holo. It's very pretty.

Dodgy Barnett


Dodgy Barnett is the silver of the group. Though I love Butter London, every holographic collection needs a token silver holo. Unfortunately because of this, there are tons of them out there. Dodgy Barnet is a scattered subtle holo which separates it from some of the others.

What do you think? Any catch your eye?

-Austen

Pinterest
Twitter
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment