Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Illamasqua Melange


Guess what showed up in the mail yesterday! Illamasqua Melange

Illamasqua Melange is from the 2014 Fall Once Collection. This is the only polish in the collection, and the moment I saw it I knew I had to order it. This is a picture heavy post, so brace yourself. But trust me when I say, this polish is awesome.

I'll tease you with two macro shots of Melange on my nails. Neither have been edited, so you can see that Melange leans both teal and green. I would say that the majority of the time, Melange is more of a green. 

See all the swatches after the break!

Illamasqua bottles and brushes are great creations. I have narrow nail beds, so the thin brush is great for me, and easy to work with. The square bottle shape allows for efficient storage in my Helmer, and the square cap pulls off to reveal an easy to handle round grip. 


Like almost all Illamasqua polishes, Melange has a wonderful buttery formula. It is opaque in one thick coat, or two thin ones. I used two thin coats for the swatches below and Poshe topcoat.

Here's Melange with flash. Depending on the angle it leans both teal (left) and more green (right).

In low lighting without flash, Melange is more of a dusky, almost mossy teal green. 


Here are some more angles, in case you were wondering still about how awesome it is.


Melange with indirect lighting, and flash. 

Indirect lighting, no flash. 



Melange is not currently available in the United States, and I don't know if it will be. I purchased it directly from the Illamasqua website.

Name- Illamasqua Melange
Finish- Shimmer/ small flakies
Size- 15mL
Coats for Opacity- 1 thick, 2 thin
Original Price- $23.53 for 0.5 oz + $24.49 shipping. (Go for a group order to reduce shipping cost per bottle)
Similar Alternative- None that I can think of
Where to Buy- Illamasqua.com

So, what do you think? Will you be hunting down Melange? Can you think of any dupes or similar polishes?

Let me know!

-Austen

No comments:

Post a Comment