Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

Influenster Caliente VoxBox


Hi Everyone! This week I received my Caliente VoxBox from Influenster for review. The box included five great products for me to sample. 

Here are the contents of my box-




Read all about the items pictured above after the break (picture heavy)!


Rice Krispies Treats BLASTED S'mores

The first thing I saw was the Rice Krispies Treat. I love Rice Krispies. I don't usually buy them because that would mean getting an entire box, which would mean consuming an entire box :p

The flavor I received was a new flavor called S'mores. It is described as "A beloved family favorite Blasted with crunchy graham flavored bites and chunks of chocolatey goodness."

Here's the treat in the wrapper. It is the same size as a normal Rice Crispies treat.
Here is the treat out of the wrapper. There are chunks of chocolate and graham cracker on the top.
Yummy! They somehow managed to give it a slight smokey flavor like real s'mores have!
First thoughts- 
I love Rice Krispies! Normally I wouldn't try something like this, so I was glad to be given the chance to.

Taste- 
These do taste rather like a s'more. Somehow Kellogg's managed to give the treat the smoky flavor that I would expect to taste in a s'more. I love it when a company is able to infuse their product with the flavor of something completely different! These are gooey and delicious just like the Original Rice Krispies Treat.

Facts-
Quantity- Each box of Chocolates contains 6 individually wrapped treats.
Nutrition Information- Each treat has 90 calories, 2.5g of fat, and 8g of sugar
Price- $2.99/ box of 6 bars (~$0.50/bar)
Where to purchase- Available at all major food retailers

Bottom Line-
I don't think I would purchase this flavor in the future. Not because I didn't enjoy it (I did), but because I guess I'm a traditionalist with my Rice Krispies and enjoy the Original Flavor better. However, these are a great snack size, and good if you want something sweet. Compared to a candy bar, they have fewer calories, as well as less fat and sugar. If you're craving chocolate or a s'more and don't want to kill your diet, definitely try these!

KISS gel FANTASY 

I received the KISS gel FANTASY Ready-to-Wear Gel Nails in 'Charmed Life'. KISS says this about the product- 
    "KISS gel FANTASY Ready-to-Wear Gel Nails deliver layers of amazing shine in brilliant design. With two ways to wear, you can glue on or stick on with enclosed mega-adhesive tabs. Sparkling glitter with an ultra-smooth finish, a fabulous manicure that can be done at home in minutes- and doesn't cost a fortune!"


First thoughts- 
I was not thrilled to receive these. I own quite a bit of nail polish (as you probably know) and don't wear fake nails. I also have rather narrow nail beds, so most press ons are too wide and not curved enough for my nails. I am not a huge pink fan (though I do like glitter), and the length of these was far too long to be practical for my every day life.

Ease of Use- 
For the most part, these are pretty easy to use. I chose to try the mega-adhesive tabs to attach my nails as I try to avoid nail glue at all costs. I don't like what glue does to my nails, don't like the removal process, and am clumsy enough that I'll probably end up glueing my fingers together... The adhesive tabs were easy to use. Simply select the correct size fake nail, but the sticky tab on your bare nail bed, and line the press on up with your cuticle, pressing through the middle of your nail and then towards the edges. These are very quick to do; I did I one handed mani in less than 5 minutes.

Pros and Cons-
Pros- Quick and easy to use, good instructions, options for attachment, many color choices.

Cons- Bubbles created under the nails when using the mega-adhesive tabs (see photos above), poor size choices for people with narrow nail beds.

Facts-
What's Included- 24 gel nails in 12 sizes, nail glue, nail file, 24 mega-adhesive tabs in 12 sizes, cuticle stick, instructions
Price- $7.99/ box
Where to purchase- Available Kmart, Rite-Aid, Walgreens, and Walmart

Bottom Line-
I would not purchase these again. There are not enough nail sizes for my nails, they are too long, and I don't wear fake nails. However, I believe if you are a press-on or glue-on nail fan, you might want to give these a try. They are readily accessible, easy to use, and provide a polished look if you need one. They come in an assortment of colors for every style.

Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Nourishing Treatment

This is Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Nourishing Treatment. Dove says "Get 5x silkier hair, without weighing it down, with the New Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Nourishing Treatment, which contains a blend of oils, including African Macadamia Oil."


First thoughts- 
I have generally oily hair. To be fair, the oil is usually only at the roots, so perhaps the rest of my hair needs some love.

Details- 
This is a thin oil (as you can see in the picture on the right). I put a few drops on my palm, rubbed it across both hands, and then patted in the bottom half of my hair. This oil was non-greasy feeling for an oil, and absorbed quickly. It has a nice scent, and does not leave my hair looking greasy. I would say that my hair did feel softer. The scent lingered for the rest of the day.

Facts-
Use- Softens, nourishes, and adds shine to hair.
Main Ingredients- Mineral Oil, African Macadamia Nut Oil, Coconut, Sweet Almond
Price- $12.99 for a 3.38oz bottle
Where to purchase- Available at all major retailers that sell Dove brand products

Bottom Line-
I would consider purchasing this oil in the future. I'm going to use my sample first, and if I am still happy with it I would consider buying a full bottle. If you are looking for a hair oil that is light weight and affordable, I would recommend trying this one.

Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Ultra Radiance SPF 30 Lotion Sunscreen

Everyone needs a good summer sunscreen, and I'm always looking to try a new one out (especially since I live in the Valley of the Sun). Hawaiian Tropic says "Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Ultra Radience lotion sunscreen protects, softens, and leaves skin glowing. Its ultra-conditioning formula leaves skin soft and luminous and contains Shea butter complex and mango fruit extract."

The sunscreen is a typical sunscreen formula; fairly thick, but not goopey. 
All rubbed in! Notice the slight visible shimmer on my hand which is a bit camera-shy. It is definitely a noticeable glitter residue. 

First thoughts- 
I should wear sunscreen more often, but I dislike most formulas, and hate the hassle (I know, I know, dumb excuse) of putting it on.

Details- 
This sunscreen had a formula typical of most sunscreen, not too thick and not too thin. It has a mild coconut scent, which is not unpleasant. It rubs in quickly, and leaves your skin shimmery from the glitter in the formula. This sunscreen is SPF 30, which unfortunately too low for me. I also managed to accidently rub my eyes after I rubbed the lotion into my hand, and it stung (I mean, most do, but I don't think the shimmer helped the situation either). This lotion did seem to moisturize and soften my hand, which was an added bonus.

Facts-
Use- Protects from sunburn while moisturizing and providing a fun sparkle.
Properties- Oil free, water resistant, hydrating formula
Active Ingredients- Avobenzone (2%), Octocrylene (5%), Oxybenzone (3%)
Other Ingredients- Shea butter, Mango seed butter, Papaya fruit extract
Price- $9.99 for a 8oz bottle (~$1.25/oz)
Where to purchase- Available at all major retailers that sell Hawaiian Tropic including Target, Walgreens, and drugstore.com.

Bottom Line-
I would probably not purchase the full size of this product. I need a much higher SPF for my skin, and am not a fan of the added shimmer. Many people would love the shimmer though, and for everyday use, find SPF 30 adequate. I would consider a version of this lotion with no shimmer and a higher SPF because I enjoyed the moisturizing properties, the ease of use, and the subtle coconut scent.      


Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant              

Last for review I received Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant. Influenster did not include a description of the exfoliant, so I looked it up online. On the Paula's Choice says-

"Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant rapidly exfoliates both the skin's surface and inside the pore, reshaping the pore lining, unclogging pores and improving skin cell turnover rate. The result is a dramatic improvement in the skin's appearance, feel, and function which leads to healthier skin"


First thoughts- 
I really need a good exfoliant. My skin is freaking out at the moment, and I definitely have some clogged and enlarged pores.

Details- 
I tried the exfoliant on my inner wrist. I wont put anything on my face that I am unfamiliar with without first testing it. The formula is almost water-like, but is just a smidge thicker. It is unscented. I rubbed this into my wrist, and initially felt a tingly sensation. The sensation faded quickly, but afterwards I could feel almost a slight dull pain. Because of this, I will not be trying this on my face for fear I will have some sort of reaction.

Facts-
Use- Evens skin tone while unclogging and minimizing the appearance of enlarged pores
Key Ingredients- Methylpropanediol, Salicylic Acid, Green Tea, BHA
Price- $23.00 for a 4oz bottle (~$5.75/oz)
Where to purchase- Available at online retailers including the Paula's Choice website and beauty.com

Bottom Line-
I would not try or re-buy this exfoliant. I didn't care for the way it made my skin feel, to the point that I don't even want to try it on my face. Perhaps others will have better luck, but it's just not for me. 


Well, if you made it through all that, CONGRATULATIONS! Did anyone else get the Caliente VoxBox? Any products you loved or hated? Anything look like something you might try out?

-Austen

***Disclaimer: I was sent these products for review from Influenster. I am not a paid affiliate of the Influenster company or any of the brands mentioned or reviewed below. All words and opinions in these reviews are honest and my own.***

No comments:

Post a Comment